Your Gateway to local farms
- Food travels an average of 1700 miles in a truck before it reaches the local grocery.
- Opportunities exist to educate customers on healthy and locally grown food options.
- Increase customer awareness about environmental benefits of sourcing food locally.
- Recent technology advances enable opportunities for farmers and customers to collaborate, transact and communicate more effectively using smart apps on mobile devices.
- Accessibility to technology allows for innovation and solutions to existing challenges, e.g. connecting local farmers to customers.
- Know your farmer, know your food (KYF2) is a term coined to capture the essence of the local food movement.
- In light of health and nutrition concerns customers are asking for closer relationships with local farmers.
- Ever expanding social media channels enable people to better connect with their local farm community.
- Sustaining the integrity between social, environmental, and economic principles is key to enabling change.
- The farm.ly model promotes awareness, fosters relationships, and makes it easy for the customer to make the “Local Choice”.
Please fill out the form below to start your farm.ly
The local food movement presents opportunities for the local farmer to provide healthy choices forthe household customer.At SKC,we believe in leveraging technology to
-Link the farmer to the household customer
-Raise the customers’ awareness and education levels
-Enable triple bottom lineresults
252 Nassau Street Princeton, NJ 08542
917 371 6689